Fire engine

Herne Bay’s fire crews have dealt with a second residential fire in 24 hours. 

Two fire engines were called at 10:22pm yesterday evening (Sunday 19th November) to a fire in a microwave which had spread to the kitchen.

A fire crew wearing breathing apparatus entered the property in Mortimer Street, Herne Bay, and put out the fire with a hose reel jet. They then used a fan to clear smoke from the property. 

No one was injured in the fire which is believed to have started accidentally. 

For free fire safety advice, you can visit the Kent Fire Brigade website at http://www.kent.fire-uk.org/your-safety/home-safety/.